My 30 by 30 is coming along slowly, and I’ve completely fallen off the wagon keeping track of life through pictures. That being said, I’ve been motivated to start posting again by my lovely sister, Kelsy. She is currently teaching in France and traveling the world in her time off, so why don’t you go visit her? I’m said to say that virtual visiting is the best I’ve been able to do myself. Recently, Kelsy’s blog was the recipient of the Liebster Award, and she passed it forward to me. Here are her questions and my answers:
- If you could go anywhere right now, where would you go and why? My first answer is, I’d go visit Kelsy! However, if she weren’t traveling right now, I’d like to go somewhere warm … Australia, maybe? It’s been too snowy and chilly here for my taste, although it’s made for beautiful landscape photography.
- Planes, trains, or automobiles? I love trains. They seem to be the most hassle-free way to travel. No long lines to check your luggage, ample legroom, you don’t have to make bathroom stops, and everyone just seems so darn happy being able to take a load off and enjoy the journey, not just hurry toward the destination.
- What’s one of your favorite books? One? Just one? The top title that I always mention is Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell, but why don’t you just head over to my Goodreads account and take a look?
- Favorite animal? When I first read this question, the first thing to pop into my head was a giraffe. They are graceful and clumsy at the same time, they can reach to the treetops, and they feature gorgeous patterns. But I think my true spirit animal is a beaver. Beavers are vegetarian, they are always making things, and they prefer small but super cozy homes.
- Are you a morning person or a night person? I used to be more of a night person in my teenage and college years. However, getting older and having a toddler in the house means that I’m ready to call it a night around 9pm (if I’m not already in my robe and slippers reading a book under the covers before that). I’ve become accustomed to waking around 5:30am, exercising, and otherwise enjoying a few moments to myself when I’m fairly fresh for the day.
- Mountains, plains, or sea? I’ve grown up on the plains and I’ve developed quite a fondness for them – a long-ish commute to work can help with that. But I’ve always (always? the first time I saw the ocean was less than 10 years ago) loved visiting the sea and I’d love to experience that more.
- Where would you most like to live? Ever since my first visit, I’ve had a love affair with San Francisco. I don’t know if it’s the weather, the people, or the location, but every time I’ve gone, I feel like I’m coming home.
- What’s your favorite holiday? Why? Our family has some great board game traditions for New Year’s Eve, but I think Halloween reigns supreme for me. I love having an excuse to get dressed up in a crazy outfit, and I love handing out candy and other goodies to kiddos at the front door.
- What’s your preferred creative outlet (painting, crafting, writing, etc.)? Crafting of all sorts is my preferred outlet, mainly because it comes pretty easily to me. Crocheting in all forms appeals to me, especially. I haven’t drawn much lately, but when I was younger drawing would have been preferred. I may have to get out my pencils and paper again…
- When or where or with whom do you feel like the best version of yourself? This is a fantastic question, and one I don’t really know how to answer. I tend to be pretty critical of myself, but when I’m with my daughter that doesn’t surface. Even during the tough times, I don’t feel judged by her, and I love how she reminds me to be carefree and live in the moment.
Thanks, Kelsy, for enticing me back into the blogging world. Watch this space for more from me!