Time for a 30 before 30 update!
1. Run 10K – Hasn’t happened yet, but after it’s not so darn hot outside (maybe September?), I’m going to go back to square 1 and use the Couch to 5K plan to get started and build from there. I’m going back to square 1 mainly because I will have the jogging stroller with me and that’s a whole different animal.
3. Get another tattoo – Progress! I have an appointment scheduled for a couple of weeks from now. A triskelion (an Irish symbol) on my wrist, for my daughter.
4. Be 10 lbs lighter – I weighed myself a few weeks after my birthday and found that I was actually lighter than I expected. I don’t want to lose 10 lbs anymore, but I want to keep … redistributing the weight I’ve got. I’m doing that through working out in the mornings and following the No S Diet. So, this item can essentially be removed.
5. Knit a scarf – I watched a few videos and figured out how to knit (but not purl yet). With just the knit stitch, I can make a garter stitch scarf. Which I am doing, using Lion Brand Jiffy in Avocado and size 8 knitting needles. I’ve knitted about 5 inches of a scarf. I plan to join the ends and make it into an infinity scarf when it’s completed.
12. Make a t-shirt quilt – I’ve been decluttering and have started collecting shirts from my closet for the quilt.
18. Get a pedicure – I have birthday gift certificates for this! I think we still have plenty of sandal weather left this summer, but I want to get this done soon.
19. Find my perfect shade of lipstick – I did buy a cheap-o lipstick at Walmart a while back. I don’t think it’s the perfect shade, but it was fun to try it out for something different. I actually forgot that I had tried on lipstick and then a couple of hours later went to the store in sweats. I didn’t realize my lips were still painted plum until I caught my reflection in the freezer door at the store. Good times.
20. Have a date night with Ryan every month – Still committed to doing this, but again, my definition of “date night” is pretty generous. I think it counts if we get to watch a movie, play a board game, or even talk to each other without being half asleep.
24. Make a friend outside of work – I am changing up this one! Really, I have plenty of friends outside of work. Because I am so used to them being there, it is easy to lose sight and think that I need more friends. In reality, I need to be a better friend to those that I already have. So, my NEW item is committing to being a better friend. I don’t know if I can add on another monthly item, but I hope to spend time with a friend at least every other month. I can check August off my list already.
So those are the high points. A work in progress, but I have a few more months to keep working on it. This project does make me more mindful of how I spend my days, and looking back on my list, I realize there are some items that I’d practically forgotten about and wouldn’t be hard to check off (sharpen knives, anyone?). I’ll keep you posted.