Yes, yet another blanket – but this one is different. This one is for me.
It is definitely a stash-busting blanket. I didn’t buy any new yarn for it – I’m using only yarn that I already had.
I have just short of a metric ton of these squares made, although inexplicably I have many of some colors and only a few of other colors, so I have to stop and make a few squares before I can complete the next square row. I mentioned last time that it was going to be made entirely of the squares in some sort of random-but-organized fashion.
When I learned that it would take 362,402* squares to make the blanket in the desired size, I decided to add the striping rows that reflect the colors used in the squares. I think this will make the process much less painless. The stripe rows are single crochet, so the blanket is going to be very dense, heavy, and warm. There’s a little bit of math required to make sure you are going to have the right number of stitches to match what you need to attach your granny square rows. If anyone wants a tutorial of the construction, I can make one – let me know in the comments (and be patient!).
*Not an exact figure.