Hungry yet? I’m quite proud of the photo I managed to take of this delicious side dish or appetizer. This was served at one of our Western Kansas Vegetarian Society discussions, and it went over quite well. I found a similar recipe from VegWeb and altered it a bit here and there. I’ve made a version both with and without the cilantro, and each time it has been a success. I of course prefer the version with cilantro, but when you know people who have allergies, what can you do?
Black Bean Salad (makes 8 servings or so)
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn
1/2 red onion
1/2 green bell pepper
1/2 anaheim pepper
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
2 chipotle peppers, chopped
1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- Drain and rinse black beans well.
- Drain corn.
- Dice red onion, peppers, and tomatoes; chop cilantro.
- Mix all ingredients together, including the olive oil, garlic, and vinegar.
- Chill, covered, for at least 4 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips, or wrap in a corn tortilla.